Advanced Receiver Service is an additional feature that is only available for customers who use a high-definition DVR. The service expands the features of the basic television package to provide a more complete viewing experience. These additional features include:
- Whole-Home DVR. This feature makes it possible for people to record and watch shows in any room. A program that is recorded to the HD DVR will be available for viewing on any TV that is hooked up to the service.
- Expanded HD Access. Television channels that are not available in other packages are accessible through the Advanced Receiver Service. This feature significantly expands the viewing opportunities a household enjoys.
- On Demand Access. On Demand provides access to a selection of television shows and movies that can be viewed at any time.
- TV on Mobile Devices. Live television can be streamed to smartphones and tablets.1
- HD Guide. The on-screen guide allows viewers to review their programming options before choosing which shows to record and watch.
- Apps. Pandora and YouTube can be accessed on a television with the Advanced Receiver Service.
- Social Media. Viewers can share their viewing activity with friends and family members through Facebook and Twitter.
The Advanced Receiver Service requires customers to pay an additional monthly fee. Television service providers may require that customers with certain add-ons like an HD DVR also opt in to the Advanced Receiver Service. Billing credits may be available for eligible customers. Anyone who is interested in this service should contact their television service provider for more information.
Does DIRECTV offer HD DVR service?
Yes. As a matter of fact, DIRECTV offers some of the best DVR technology in the country. They also offer a variety of different DVR models that vary with price and features. The availability of these various DVRs can vary with location, however, which is why it’s always a good idea to contact DIRECTV directly in order to see what’s available.
What IS DIRECTV Genie?
The DIRECTV Genie Whole-Home HD DVR is one of the cornerstones of DIRECTV’s DVR technology and, regarding the market, it’s one of the best available. The Genie can stream live television to multiple rooms in a home.2 There is also the companion device – GenieGO™ – which works through the free GenieGO app to help users stream live television on mobile devices and laptops.3 If you are looking for more convenience and mobility in your viewing experience, then the DIRECTV Genie is certainly worth looking into.